Do you feel “stuck” in your professional life?
Are you yearning to create a path toward
more meaningful and rewarding work?
Join Maia for:
Fall in Love with Your Work
will support you to take the first steps toward
creating a sustainable livelihood with meaning and purpose.
~Sharon Salzberg, Meditation Teacher and Author
Who is This Course For?
- Anyone who feels “stuck” in their professional life and wants to forge a path toward more meaningful work
- Anyone who is seeking to feel more passion and meaning in their current job
- Anyone who is considering starting their own business but needs support to discern if this is the right thing to do, and information and tools to take the next step toward that goal
How will you benefit from Fall in Love with Your Work?
Here’s what you can expect to gain from taking this course:
• You’ll get a thorough understanding of the 6 key qualities that are necessary to create a “liberation-based livelihood” and how they apply to your life
• You’ll gain clarity on how your life purpose is connected to your work
• You’ll create a personal mission statement that will provide the foundation to enrich your relationship with your work
• You’ll develop the attitudes and skills needed to make a significant and lasting shift in your professional life
• You’ll be empowered to create an action plan for your next steps
What’s unique about Fall in Love with Your Work?
This e-course is based on the core principle of the Liberated Life Project: Freedom is an inside job. That means we work from the inside out to develop the mindset you need to create what I call “liberation-based livelihood.”
If you’ve taken other career development courses and found you were still stuck in the same spot and unable to gain traction in this area of your life, I believe the approach I’m offering will help you make a shift at a deeper level which can lead to new insights, breakthroughs, and positive change. That’s what I’ve witnessed happen to previous course participants… you can read their testimonies further down on this page.
Through the materials in this course, I’ll support you to:
- cultivate the beliefs and behaviors you need to have a liberation-based livelihood
- uncover fears you may have about creating work that you love
- develop strategies for overcoming these fears
- gain clarity on your vision for work that you love
- take practical actions and steps to make your vision become a reality
Ready to sign up?!
You have three options for taking Fall in Love with Your Work:
1) The “Self-Study” option ($39) is available to start at any time. Once you sign up, you choose when to start receiving the 30 daily email lessons. You’ll also be able to access the course e-book, two case studies, and recordings of past teleconferences. Sign up here:
2) All Hands on Deck! ($79) The next group version of the course will be in September 2013. In addition to the daily emails and course e-book, this option includes two live teleconference calls with Maia as well as access to a private Facebook group for extra support, and a four case studies.
3) Full Steam Ahead! ($179) This is the Sept 2013 group version plus an individual hour-long coaching session with Maia.
Sign up here for the Advance Notice list to be the first to find out when registration opens for September 2013 — you’ll also receive a special discount coupon to use on your registration:
What you get when you sign up:
The Self-Study Version ($39) includes:
- 30 Daily email messages throughout the whole month. Each email explores a key concept related to “liberation-based livelihood” and includes inspiration, information, and actions that will move you toward your goal! These daily messages will help keep your momentum on track.
- An e-book with the core teachings of this course as well as exercises that you can do on your own time.
- Access to past teleconference call recordings
- Two case studies — stories from people who have created a liberation-based livelihood and share lessons on how to do this in your life.In addition to the above, “All Hands on Deck” ($79) includes:
- Two live group teleconference calls with Maia during the month of the course. The calls are a combination of a short teaching from Maia on the course content as well as questions and answers. (Don’t worry if you can’t be on the call; you’ll receive a link to the recording.)
- Access to a warm and welcoming online community (in the form of a private Facebook group). This is a great place to share ideas, brainstorm solutions, and receive support from Maia and others in the course. No matter what’s got you stuck, the community and I are here to get you rolling again.
- Four case studies, including two video interviews (with Leslie Rinche-Wongmo and Vicki Pozzebon) — stories from people who have created a liberation-based livelihood and share lessons on how to do this in your life.
In addition to all of the above, “Full Steam Ahead” ($179) includes:
- A one-hour “Guidance and Encouragement” individual coaching session with Maia
What past course participants say about Fall in Love with Your Work:
What her wisdom prompted me to see has made a crucial difference in many of my choices. I cannot recommend strongly enough taking it the next time she offers it.”
~Lisa Wilson, Bloomington, IN
~Lauren Ayers, Santa Fe, NM
“I gotta say I’m really loving this course! I just realize that I’ve ALWAYS known what I really want to do with my professional life but pushed it away for fear of failure. Somehow I got to the conclusion that I’d rather fail in something I didn’t care about than fail in something I’m absolutely passionate about… This is not only a professional re-discovery journey to me, but a personal re-defining where I’m trying to get rid of all those fears I’ve covered my true self with. Thank you. I’m eager to continue.”
~Tanya Valeria Contreras, Seattle, WA
“It’s been priceless having this support and encouragement (both from your emails and from the whole group) in my transition through employment, less-employment, new employment… and to provide new insight into alternative options. Many thanks again!”
~Vrinda Webb, London, UK
My name is Maia, and I’m the face behind the Liberated Life Project.
I created this course because throughout my life I’ve passionately explored “right livelihood” — in the process, I’ve learned a lot about how to create work that is an expression of my deepest values.
Among the many things I’ve done for jobs: music therapist, mental health counselor, administrative assistant, bookseller, writer, anthropologist, nonprofit executive director, and Buddhist chaplain.
Four years ago, I unexpectedly lost my job. That was a pretty scary experience, but I faced my fears and moved forward to start my own business. This process has taught me a great deal about what it takes to find freedom and fulfillment in my livelihood (along with some practical business lessons).
I’m excited to share what I’ve learned with you and help you take your own steps toward more fulfilling work.
If you have more questions to see if the course is right for you or if you have any problems with the registration process, please contact me.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How is the course structured?
This is an online course. When you sign up, you’ll receive access to a special course page that contains all the information you’ll need for the month.
Do I have to be available at certain times to do this course?
No – you’ll receive an email message each day with an important lesson and/or inspiration to help you make progress and keep your momentum going, but you can read them and work with the exercises in them at your own pace. If you can’t make the two live phone calls (with the group version of the course), don’t worry! These will be recorded so you can access them at any time.
You can even save the emails and go through them after the month is over along with the rest of the course materials, if that works better for you. But I do hope you’re able to clear some time in your schedule to take part in the course during the month along with others, as there is a wonderful, positive synergy that develops when a group of us go through this experience at the same time.
I want to be clear about what Fall in Love with Your Work is and is not designed for. This course is not intended to take you through all the nuts-and-bolts steps of starting your own business (though I will address a few of them and I’ll point you to some trusted resources).
What Fall in Love with Your Work can do is support you to cultivate the inner tools you’ll need to successfully launch your own business — or to have a more liberated and creative relationship with your current job if that’s a better choice for you. The course will also help you to create an action plan to make your vision of fulfilling work a reality.