It’s All About You

Today’s post goes right to the heart of the matter.

This video requires an investment of about five minutes of your time. In return, you’ll get the equation for true happiness. Not a bad trade, eh?

I’d love to hear what you think after you see this video… leave a comment below if you feel so moved. (If you’re reading this on email and can’t see the video, click here.)

And have a wonderful me-free week : )

_________________

If you appreciated this article, please consider signing up for a free membership to “Team Liberation” to receive these posts by email, plus other goodies from the Liberated Life Project.

Comments
11 Responses to “It’s All About You”
  1. I liked it. When the song first started out, I was thinking “Oh No!” – someone being a victim – and as the song progressed, they got it right. Freedom has a lot to do with helping others – service to others is what counts.

• Maia Duerr says:

Jessica, I think the reason why I like this song so much is that I often unconsciously start my days that way as well…. “What about me?!” It takes some intentional waking-up to shift that thought, at least for me. We are so conditioned to be self-centered! It’s a neat trick of “going against the grain” to put the focus on someone else.

2. kate says:

that was wonderful – I could feel something deep relaxing inside of me as i watched it. Like a big YES.
    thanks so much
    kate x

3. Laurete says:

great video to remind us how we get so very caught up in the “story of me”—
    so liberating when we can shift from “meness” to putting others first…

4. shari says:

Great! I’m in the mood for a change up! So tomorrow is the day. I start the day with 45 minutes of rush hour traffic on my way to work on S California freeways….then we employees jockey for limited parking spots at the hospital…this should be a fun adventure! I’m smiling already!! The “what about me” story is a little old, boring and worn out anyway. :) Lets see what happens for a whole day. The experiment is on!

5. Jill A says:

I love this video! Not only is the video cool and fun to watch, the music is good too. Those things added to such a powerful message really made me think and change some behaviors.

6. Jim says:

It took me a while to stop trying to figure out if “I” liked it before I realized that was the point. Stop thinking about me. Sitting on the cushion is an easier way to show compassion to all others. Much of “my” day is spent taking care of my needs. Being awake to others in our daily routine is the new way to be. By the way it was easy to post on my Facebook wall and I am not tech savvy!

7. Lisa says:

Wow… I just keep hearing that echo in my ears, “what about you, what about you, what about you”. I’m going to leave this up and watch it tomorrow morning so that the echo continues. I don’t want it to fade…

Thank you.

8. Naima says:

Maia, I just finally got around to watching this. How amazing that this young and brilliant teacher has stretched his methods to include something so pertinent and compelling for the “modern” western world. I hope this reaches a lot of people. It’s SO TRUE that something as simple as opening the door for another person to go through first brings true happiness. I can vouch for this! Thanks for sharing.

Archives

Support the Liberated Life Project

About Maia

All my life, I’ve loved the idea of liberation and looking deeply into the question: What does it really mean to be free?

That's what the Liberated Life Project is all about.

You can find my work on two other places on the web -- click on the badges to the right to visit "The Jizo Chronicles" (my blog on socially engaged Buddhism) and Five Directions (my consulting business).

Learn more...